Tuesday, December 31, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 319 and 320

Happy New Year! Almost anyway. The last two weeks were pretty eventful as far as Christmas and power outages go so I thought I should get one last blog in before 2014 starts so I can pretend I had a spotless record of updates instead of one spotty month of a few updates all mashed in to a couple. I'm sure you guys don't mind! 

I spent the week before Christmas doing general work stuff and taking some extra time to make some gifts and do some holiday baking.





It was so nice to do some knitting for a change. I love sewing too but I went back to my craft roots and knit a couple thank you mittens and slippers for all the cutting and packaging/pricing help I had before the One of a Kind Show earlier this month. And Christmas shortbread cookies of course! My mom always made these as kid and I always hated them but somewhere along the way I decided it was pretty silly to not like shortbread. Kids!

I also managed to get the last of the Christmas orders out before we had a big icestorm that caused big tree branches to fall all over the place which left the Needlings headquarters without power for almost four days.





It was really pretty beautiful and calm with everything coated in ice but the short Winter days are made even shorter when the sun is down before 5pm so there wasn't a lot of daylight. I don't think I'll take the electricity for granted from here on out. Luckily it came back on Christmas Eve so the lights came on and so did the Christmas movies. 

As soon as the power was back and the Christmas celebrations were out of the way (in a good way I mean), I finished a custom fox!



I have made a small bunch of these guys in the last year and I hope to have more of them available at shows and stores in 2014. One thing that is hard to do when I get to make and sell lots of the same old favourites is spend time working on new things - but I'll fit it in somewhere!

After some work was out of the way, Lisa of Nerdbiskit and I made a visit to a new supply store not far away which was exciting and went pretty well - bulk stuffing found and lots of other goodies relevant to our interests.







Yep! I'll definitely be working this place in to the supply shopping when needed! Next year of course!

I hope you all have a safe and fun night ringing in the new year and I'll see you again next week, friends!

Thank you all for reading and for all the support in 2013 - it really means the world to me!

No comments: