Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Supercrawl 2013

was AMAZING.

I think I've already said it a million times but I really can't say enough how much I adore Supercrawl! Since the first rainy one night event in 2009 with 3,000 people to the two day event they estimated 100,000 people attended, I have loved Supercrawl! I have loved it every year and this year was no different! It makes me so proud of my new adopted home town and despite any hiccups, it's always one of my most favourite days of the year.
 We got there bright and early and after a slow start to setting up due to a sculpture being installed on the street (SOCOOL) everything was set up and ready to go for the crowds!
 




 


It was so wonderful to see so many familiar faces and catch up with visitors from past years. I so love doing Hamilton shows and seeing some of my little regular customers who's parents bought them Needlings years ago, and come back to buy one for themselves or let me know where they keep their little guys Santa brought them. (So sweet!)



My mom was there as well with her knits mixed in to the booth! It was chilly enough by the end of the night that we had to wear our own cowls and happy to say Hamilton cleared us out and not one cowl was left by the end of the night! Same goes for my cell phone sleeves and little owls! Thanks everyone!


  
We we set up right out front of White Elephant which is a great little shop owned by two talented Hamilton girls. I tried to get a photo of them sitting perfectly on their super amazing painted bench during a couple minutes' down time but things picked right up and we were all too busy to stay long enough for my phone to turn on or for me to find my camera burried under my table but they are forgiven! I took a couple later on!

 
I, of course, loved their window filled with pompoms! You can see more aboutForopolis on their blog.
 The late morning set- up meant all my photos needed to be taken fairly quickly in between the crowds which were pretty consisten all day but I still managed to get a few to document the day!




Luckily, Hamilton photographer Vanessa Jeakins also documented a few little moments at my booth that she has so kindly let me share here with you guys in these next seven photos! You can see more of her beautiful photos fromSupercrawl here.












Also some good shots of my booth neighbours, MC² Designs, who were super sweet and lovely all day!
There were so many awesome booths close by and in other parts of the street and Makers' Market, I regret not taking more time to look around at but the day just flew by and it was over before I knew it! Thank you to everyone who stopped by to say hello! I loved seeing every single one of you and I hope (and am sure!) everyone of you had as great a day as we did. I love being a part of the Hamilton art/craft community and your hugs and hellos are a big part of why I love Supercrawl so much!

So that's it for this year! I'll be all One of a Kind show prep all the the time now until December so get ready! I hope to see some of you there too!

No comments: