Monday, July 22, 2013

In the Workroom Recap : Week 297

Hey guys! It was a busy week around here topped off with a big ol' crazy storm but everything is dried up and power is in so all is well here now! 

I started the week off by heading to Creative Bug in Beamsville to drop off a custom doll before coming back to the studio to clean everything up to get ready for The Spectator photoshoot! I drew up a little illustrated version of the doll first of course.




So cute!
And clean!



Gussy loves it of course!


So on Thursday, Natalie from the Spectator and a photographer came over to take a little awkward sewing photo of me in my workspace and a little video of myself describing who I am and what I do for an article about local Etsy artists. I really need to work on getting better at describing what I do on video. Practice makes perfect I guess! 

Here's Natalie taking a little video of my workspace to overlay with my little voice over:


I'm excited to see the article when it comes out sometime in the future!
And pretty happy to have had an excuse to up my workroom organization game a little bit.



Then I got to work on some mini art dolls! I've been thinking about making more of these little ones for awhile now and since making the little custom one last week I figure now is as good a time as any to start stocking up for One of a Kind in December! Not to mention Locke Street Festival and Supercrawl here in Hamilton in September.



This is one of my favourite fabrics ever that I picked up in Wholly Craft in Columbus many years ago and I plan on using it on a couple more dolls at least!


I've decided not everyone needs glasses...

But some do!



And that's it for the week! I hope to finish up a few more in the coming weeks, including this planned pink one of course.

This week also marked a year since little Callie the pup came in to my life on the side of the road in Caledonia! I'm so happy to have found her. She's a needy little suck and I never thought of myself as a dog person (cats!) but she's really the sweetest and we're lucky to have her!



I can't believe a year has passed - they go by so quickly! 

Well, see you next week, friends!

No comments: