Sunday, December 16, 2012

O Tannenbaum

Or "Oh Christmas Tree," if you like. One of my favourite parts of the season, going back to various tree farm visits where my brother and I would run around trying to find the tallest, chubbiest, best tree which my mom or dad would then cut down (because the choose a pre-cut one was never as exciting), I've always loved having a real tree in the house for the month.  It's a bit weird I think still, cutting down a tree and putting it up inside, but it smells nice and the family pets always seem to like it too.

This year, after a day off from Needlings sewing to make myself a new sort-of-gingerbread-man's-girlfriend skirt, I headed over to Bennett's Apple Farm in Ancaster and while we didn't cut it down ourselves, we did pick the chubbiest, best one/the one in front and brought it home to cover it in years of handmade ornament making and collecting - in addition to some old favourites, not before picking up some goodies and cider inside of course. Callie the pup enjoyed herself too/chased small prey then freaked out in the car.













I think we got a good one, don't you think?



Callie is totally in to it.

No comments: