Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fan Expo 2012

Hi guys! I've finally recovered from the insanity that was last weekend enough to let you know how it went! Get ready for a long one!

Fan Expo is Canada's version of Comic Con where apparently 80,000 make their way, over the course of four days, to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. I had never been myself until a few years ago when my friend, Jen of Sparklegirl, mentioned it would be a good fit for Needlings.  Now I've been going for the past three years and it is always super fun.

I took lots of pictures of my booth as well as a bunch of crazy costumes over the weekend so I'll show you a few here! If you'd like to see the rest, check out the facebook album if you haven't already!



Here it is on day one! It was quite a crazy morning getting in to Toronto with enough time to drop off my puppy at her sitter (who is one of my best friends and was amazing to watch my new little Callie pup the whole weekend!), get through lunch time Toronto traffic, and register for the show with enough time to set up! And we did it! 

I wore my table matching handmade skirt for the first time too, twice!
                     


I also stopped by my close-by friends Lisa of Nerdbiskit and Jen of Sparklegirl! Both of their booths looked great!




And a few costumes of course:

A kitty that bought a kitty!


Day 2 went a little more smoothly in terms of commuting in to Toronto with the puppy again but after the late night, I must admit we were all pretty sleepy! Lots of tea was required behind the booth.






Funnelling out after a long day 2!


On to day 3!







Day 4! Last day! (It really felt more like 10)








I didn't buy anything over the weekend but I did do a trade with fellow artist, Sincerly Swiggins! Check out his etsy shop here!



Happy! Overall, it was a great weekend! Worth all the sleepiness and long days for sure! 

I am already back in to the workroom program finishing up some big orders that were waiting for me when I got home, store restocks, and prep for more festivals coming up in September here in Hamilton, Locke Street Festival and Supercrawl, with another show at the end of September in Waterdown. Busy month for Needlings!

I hope everyone is enjoying the start of fall-ish weather! I'll see you at the end of the week for a workroom recap!

No comments: