Friday, April 13, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 232

Hi guys!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday last weekend. I didn't take a long weekend away from work myself but still had some holiday fun and a few Easter treats in the midst of Needlings work.




Man, I love pastels! I think I love the look of mini eggs more than I love the taste (though they do taste pretty great). I love bright colours too of course but I've always loved pastels. I remember having some inner turmoil accepting the hypercolours and neons of the nineties after the pastels I enjoyed as a little one in the 80s. That's probably a strange thing for a kid to think about. No wonder. But seriously, it was an adjustment but I've learned to love most shades and strengths of colours now.

So back to work, I had a few things to mail on Tuesday once the holiday was out of the way and the post office re-opened their doors.  I finished up a few ninjas on Monday for an online order while finishing up work on the batch of Owl Mamas that will be sent to White Rabbit in Iowa City.


So off they went!
And then after stocking up on some more stuffing...
The owls were finished!


So these guys will be set aside for a minute as I work on a few more things. I had some tax paperwork to finish up and organize so I had a bit of an office job for a day before I got started on some cell phone sleeves. 
So many receipts...
(These ones are just from shipping things - I guess that's why I know everyone that works at my local post office now)
      
Exhilerating stuff! 

And then on to those cell sleeves to add to White Rabbit's restock batch...



I'm loving my worktable lately...which is really helping me keep it nice and tidy so I have plenty of workspace!

I also got around to some doodling...


And then back to work!


There we go! All finished! Just have to tag and price these and they'll be on their way to White Rabbit in Iowa City!

I have more store restocks to do this coming week and then a personal stock to do something about for my first craft show of the year on May 5th so I'm sure there will be lots of things on the worktable for the next few weeks!

No comments: