Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Trip to Guelph


Guelph, Ontario is home of the University of Guelph (and other things) and happens to be an adorable little city about 45 minutes away from where I live.


It had been awhile since I made a visit to this place since becoming acquainted with it only a little over a year ago (a story involving a Guelphian ex-boyfriend) but I became quite attached to it quickly and have been looking for a reason to make a visit.

On Saturday, I found one!  My friends Rovena and Dave of Handmades by Rovena were doing a craft show in the beautiful Old Quebec Mall so my mom and I took a trip out to see them and check things out!
Here they are at Rovena's beautiful table of cards and other paper goodies.



It is the least "mall-like" mall I have ever seen - which is a good thing! Ah, Guelph, you charm me so.

It was lovely to see them, pick up a card and chat a bit.  Then my daytrip partner (my moms) and I set off on a little walk around the downtown so I could take some pictures and oogle at things in cute shops. I almost bought some shoes and then an owl wearing a monocle but decided against both and continued phototaking and window shopping. Regretting both decisions only slightly.





Spent a good amount of time in Mocando Books - an amazingly charming used book shop packed with books that I've visited before but this time found a couple hidden owls. As if the sheer amount of books wasn't a big enough sell. I may have ended up a toy maker but I am an English major booknerd at heart forever. When books are stacked so high I can hardly get at them, I know I'm in the right place.








I may have gone a little crazy with book pictures. But don't you feel like you've been there now! I had to document it. 



It was a perfect sunny but chilly day! I really do love Guelph. I won't stay away so long next time.

And here's my outfit of the day:

                    

Lots of old favourites.  All in all, a really nice day! I hope you had one too!

No comments: