Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Where I Live : Tiffany Falls

*I thought I would take the time to show you around the area that I live in through perhaps a series of posts of me visiting some of my favourite spots in Southern Ontario. Hamilton isn't my hometown but I live here now and love it! To see more about Hamilton: check here*


I grew up with sort of adventurous parents who liked to change things up and move around and as a result of that, I don't really have a city that I consider my hometown!  Instead, I have a few home away from homes and lots of "travel experience" in North America.  Between living on both coasts of Canada and in between and then Iowa and back to Ontario twice, I'm so happy to have seen so many pretty places.  Now that I've been in the Hamilton area (which is about 45 minutes away from Toronto) for the longest I've been anywhere, I'm making it my new hometown and trying to get to know it better.

Hamilton rests on the Niagara Escarpment and is filled with conservation areas and as a result, you don't have to go far from the city to see some really beautiful spots.  Some time in the past few years they dubbed Hamilton the "waterfall capital of the world," with lots of water running off the escarpment. Tiffany falls is a little one that is less than 5 minutes from my house so I went there first for a mini hike and photo walk!

                                 

  


It was such a beautiful crisp start-of-spring day and I had lots of fun playing in the woods and taking photos. I can't wait to go back and take more when the trees are all green. 

                

I love living so close to this. As the weather gets nicer and everything starts looking extra beautiful, I'm sure I will be inspired to visit some more pretty places and show you a little bit more of where I live.

No comments: