Saturday, March 24, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 229

229 - already finished! Post-vacation days are flying by for some reason.


Week 228 was spent enjoying my last week of vacation without even a bit of felt touching my hands. I arrived home on Tuesday night and after a couple days of catching up on emails and paperwork, I got back to work on my stack of Owl Mamas.

I finished up the big stack of faces first. I very rarely work in such large batches so seeing that many eyes staring back at me was kind of fun.




After I machine sewed all their ric rac "feathers" on their chests, instead of continuing working on them as a huge batch, I decided to finish small batches seperately and mail them out as they're finished since I have a few stores waiting on restocks already!  I pulled 6 aside to finish up for Kid Culture in Toronto first.




Almost finished! They'll be packed up and ready to go by the end of the weekend then I'll be back to work on more. Luckily today was a rainy one so staying in and sewing felt extra cozy. Although a lot of the day I spent fighting over my work chair as my kitty Gus seems to have claimed it when I was away on vacation.  Obviously because he missed me so much...



In the end, I let him snuggle in.  Who could resist this little guy?

So that's it for 228! See you next week for a full week recap and hopefully lots more finished Needlings.

No comments: