Monday, February 20, 2012

In the Workroom Recap : Week 224

Ok, so this post's title may have you wondering where the previous 223 weeks' posts are. Surprise! This is the first one! I tricked you.

No but really, through some rudimentary math, I figured out that I have been in the Needlings biz for (approximately) 224 weeks. Of course this doesn't include various silly sewing projects of an unfocused girl with a sewing machine but I opened my Needlings etsy shop on September 27th of 2007 and continued from there.  Thank you to Etsy for documenting this date for me as I am not very good at the remembering of important (or unimportant) dates.  I, of course, didn't realize I would be writing about this important date four and a half years later.  I think if I did, perhaps I would have written it on a calendar somewhere.

So these four and half years have been pretty great for me, not only had I found something I loved to do that would take away my ability to feel bored at any given time, but after a few years in to it, I was able to create a full-time crazy job for myself.  

So I'm a toy (and other things) maker.

Which means that I keep pretty busy making things!  For at least the last couple years, I have been photo-documenting my worktable change over partly in an attempt to remind myself what I've been working on recently and partly to remind myself of how productive I'm being so I don't feel guilty taking a day off here and there!  

So anyway, all that introductory drama aside, here's what I worked on this week:
I sent this little restock batch of owl goodies to Kid Icarus in Toronto, a great little place in Kensington Market.  Hm, perhaps in the future I'll do some posts about the great stores that carry Needlings. Blog-brainstorming.
I started work on a batch of Owl Mamas for Nice Things Handmade in Philadelphia and took a break to make a little Cupcake Snap Pouch for a customer in LA.
Worked on a few more little goodies for customers and received these little ladies back from Plush You 2011 at Schmancy in Seattle.  I put all three up in the shop then finished up the goodies before mailing them out to another very sweet customer.
I then finished and sent out that restock batch of Owl Mamas to Nice Things after a special work weekend of getting together with some girls for what has been dubbed "Crafternoon."

So, on to the next week!  This will be the last work week before a little vacation for me but fortunately the last few productive weeks have taken care of most of my post holiday season restocking of shops.  Still lots of behind the scenes paperwork and other boring junk to do - and then more sewing!  

No comments: