Monday, February 27, 2012

Favourites : Etsy Handmade


The internet seems to make it easy for us to save our favourite things all over the place so I thought I would take the time to share them here occasionally: books, music, art, plush, movies, tv, fashion, design.  Basically, "things." You get it.


Today I'm going to share some of my Etsy handmade favourites since I have so many.  Thousands. I'm sure I'll never run out of them - there are so many amazing things being made all over the place. Sometimes when I think really hard about it I get really excited and feel all warm about the world in my heart. Dramatic and sappy! I just love handmade so much!

Ok enough about me, here are some things I like (ha):



This is a print from the APAK Shop on etsy.  It was hard to pick just one, they're all so dreamy.  I have the 2012 Apak calendar put out by Little Otso that I picked up at Wholly Craft  (they carry Needlings too) on my last visit to Ohio so I get to enjoy Apak daily.  



These amazing fuzzy guys are made by Kit Lane. I love everything she posts but I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet since they sell out so fast! Not surprised.



This delicate handstitched wall wear is by fellow Canadian, NeaWear, from Montreal.  I'm a big fan of special little wall trinkets and these are no exception.



I use a big ol' glass mug for my big ol' mug of tea but I would happily trade out for this mug and yellow canary friend by Laura Walls Taylor.



I've been covetting this Ships Large Zipper Tote from fellow Hamiltonian, Jenna Rose Handmade.  Actually I'm really loving the Yellow Honeycomb one too.  Decisions.



And since we're talking ships here, I've been in love with these automatons byCartoon Monster since I saw them mentioned by Dots & Loops Handmade a sweet shop in Lunenburg, N.S., that carries Needlings as well as these genius little sculptures. Something about them reminds me of The Science of Sleep, one of my favourite movies (I'll probably talk more about that someday too).

You have to watch the video to see how cool these things are:



So cool!

Well, there's a few favourites.  I hope that will set you off on hours of clicking around on etsy to find some of your own.  Feel free to let me know what you find if you think I might like them and email them to me! heather@needlings.ca.
I'll be back with more later!

No comments: