Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Collecting

I was never really much of a collector of things. We moved a lot when I was growing up and although I, of course, always loved my plush toys, I never sought to accrue them and have to move them all around with me.

Since I started designing my own plush, I've been exposed to this wonderful world of plush art and now find I am never surprised to find works I have to own by talented plush artists.


Here's a little shot of me nerding out with some of my handmade plush collection that's come to be over the past few years - the newest addition being this adorable rosebush given to me by the endlessly talented and sweet Christine of Sugarelf as a completely unexpected and loved Christmas gift. Isn't it beautiful? I have a little collection of her sweet little birds and you can even see a pink owl of hers in the back there that's another one of my favourites.



Surrounding my messy jewelry box, there's also a little Cutesypoo coconut bun, Follow the White Rabbit doll ("Madawaska" with the little nest on her head), and a Mint Conspiracy Petunia monster.

I really want to find a better way to display everything since they're taking over my dresser top and workroom with every (great) addition.

And below, a Fantastic Toys Christmas Fawn that I was lucky enough to win in Tim's blog giveaway. It definitely felt like Christmas when I received it. I've been a fan of his fawns and now I finally have one of my own! Lucky me!

So I guess it's official.

Now I'm a collector.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I collected egg boxes, cardboard, wool, wire, silver paper, far too much to mention, all precious stuff for my classroom, and even now I can't throw anything like that away without feeling regretful, and can't pass a hedgerow of wild flowers without wanting to pick them for the children...sigh....:0)
You have the beginnings of a lovely collection.
Carole.

Pili said...

Ooooh, those are really so cute!!
I have to check those shops!